Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pro Workshop with Character Artist Danny Williams. Saturday May 19th 1-5pm. $20

Danny says:
"In this four-hour lecture/demo, I will cover the thought process of designing characters and creatures in three dimensions.  Using tools like Zbrush, you can design and realize your characters in three dimensions prior to committing to a shape for production. We will look at the various pipelines and design techniques related to creating compelling three dimensional concept art."

My work experience:
"I began as a kid who loved to draw (and I still am today).

I am currently a CG generalist at Dreamworks animation.  I am responsible for the visual development of assets using a wide range of tools and techniques.  Prior to that, I was a modeler at Dreamworks on Puss N' Boots, and the upcoming film Turbo.

Before joining the Dreamworks team,  I worked as a character artist at ArenaNet, making a game called Guild Wars 2.  

Prior to that I worked at Blue Sky Studios for 12 years where I worked on Ice Age, Robots, Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! and several commercial and television projects. "


 The workshop will be on Saturday May 19th 1-5pm in the NORTH building (7650 Mission Valley Road, SD,  92108). The cost is $20, payable at the Accounting Window (2nd floor, AiCA-SD) or at the door if space is available.  Besides students, alumni and the public are welcome to attend.
   For any questions contact me, Jason Katsoff, at 858-598-1495.

No comments:

Post a Comment